Monday, July 20, 2015

Project Life: Hawaii

Documenting my travels is one of my favorite memory keeping topics, and today I have a Project Life spread to share with you about my trip to Hawaii earlier this year. I ended up using two full size 12x12s and am planning to make one more 12x12 spread later to summarize the Oahu leg of our trip.

Here is how the two 12x12 page protectors look side by side.

We stumbled upon the Hawaii Theatre Center while wandering around downtown Honolulu, and I had to get this shot before we left. It was the perfect photo to blow up for a full 12x12.

I added a little tab from my Wander Elements no.2 set so I could jot down the dates and a quick summary of this trip.

The right side of my spread is a summary of our four days in Maui. It was fun to pick a variety of photos to highlight some of our favorite things in Hawaii, and I used quite a few of my new Hawaii printables to help tell the stories.
I decided to use some digital stamps right on this photo of Napili Bay before printing it out, and the sentiments capture our feelings perfectly. It was probably my favorite beach we visited - I'm dreaming of the soft sand and beautiful blue waters right now.
Of course, I had to include a pineapple card in my printables. The 'Aloha' is my handlettering that I digitized for the Hawaii collection. Keeping things pretty simple in general is the name of the game in my Project Life album this year. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of my Project Life! I'll be sharing my process of putting together the Maui side of this spread later this week. Happy Monday!

1 comment: